Pages

Thursday 17 January 2019

SLJ - Day 2 - Activity 1

Activity 1: On your blog, tell us whether you would like to go and visit Tāne Mahuta one day. Be sure to tell us why you do (or do not) want to visit this endemic tree.

Work:

I would to visit the Tane Mahuta tree because I've heard a lot of good things about the tree. Firstly I would like to go there because I think it'll be cool to compare how tall I am to the tree. I'd also like to go there because I want to learn about how the tree grew that tall.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Francesca!

    My name is Ellee I am another commentor on the Summer Learning Journey team!
    I hope you have had an awesome school holidays? :)

    These are some great reasons to visit Tane Mahuta!
    I agree with you, it would be cool to do both of those things - we are really lucky to have such a beautiful environment!

    It is pretty special that this type of tree grows in New Zealand - They are so huge too!
    I have been to a couple different Red Woods in New Zealand and it always amazes me how big the trees can get, it's very impressive!
    In Rotorua the Red Woods have a really awesome tree walk you can do at nighttime - I would like to try it one day!
    You can check it out here:
    https://redwoods.co.nz/info/redwoods-treewalk-rotorua/

    Great work Francesca!

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.