Pages

Thursday 14 July 2016

Day 4, Activity 2


Activity 2: Let’s imagine that you were able to meet one of the following three athletes competing for New Zealand at the Rio Olympics:

Lauren Boyle: Lauren is a swimmer from Auckland. She typically competes in the 400m and 800m freestyle races and, in the 2012, finished in 4th place at the London Olympics (just one spot away from winning a medal)! This will be Lauren’s third trip to an Olympic Games. She is the most successful swimmer in New Zealand sporting history. To learn more about Lauren you can read her biography at:

In your blog tell us which one of these three athletes you would choose to meet and why.


After I watched these two athletes, I've decided that I would like to meet Lauren Boyle. Lauren is very successful in her swimming and I would like her to teach me how to be a professional swimmer and show me some tips in case my family or friends might need help to rescue them from drowning. I love swimming and hopefully I can be like her one day.


Image result for lauren boyle swimmingImage result for lauren boyle swimming

1 comment:

  1. Great choice, Francesca! I really like Lauren Boyle. She's a very talented swimmer. Did you know that she came fourth in the 800m freestyle swimming event at the London Olympics in 2012? She was so close to winning a medal. It must have been really hard on her to come that close to the prize only to watch someone else walk away with the bronze medal. I really hope that she is able to improve upon her performance and bring home a medal this year (preferably a gold one)!

    Keep up the great blogging :)

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.