Pages

Monday 11 July 2016

Day 1 Activity 1


Day 1 Activity 1
Let’s imagine that you were alive 2792 years ago and invited to compete in the first ever ancient Olympic Games. Which of these events: running, wrestling, boxing, pankration, horse racing and pentathlon would you compete in? Click on the name of the sport and it will take you to a site that tells you about the sport. On your blog tell us which sport you would choose and why you chose it.

Answer: I would pick running because it is easier to do. Running back then was running from the other side of the stadium to the other. There were 3 types of running back then BC.



C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Image - Stadium (Ancient Olympics).jpg

1 comment:

  1. Hi Francesca,

    Welcome to the Winter Learning Journey programme! I am really happy that you have joined us this holiday. It's a lot of fun to blog and great to know that you're a part of our group :)

    Like you, I would have also chosen the running races. I think that I would have opted for the middle distance race (the diaulos). What about you? Would you have been a sprinter, a middle distance runner or an endurance (long distance) athlete?

    I'll look forward to checking your blog again in a few days to see if you've had time to post another blog. I hope that you will!

    Cheers, Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.