Pages

Tuesday 11 July 2017

Winter learning journey: Bonus Activity

Task:
Last year, the Prime Minister of New Zealand suggested that we should replace the flag with a new, updated design. He invited everyone in New Zealand to come up with their own flag design and submit it.

For this activity, it is your turn to design a new flag. Use any drawing programme that you wish. I would recommend the Flag Designer website. It allows you to create a flag in three easy steps. When you are done, take a screenshot of your flag and post it on your blog. Here is an example:
Source: http://flag-designer.appspot.com
To earn full points you must describe the flag, in words, below the picture. Please tell us what is on the flag and what inspired your design.  
Work:

I chose the seven stars because it is related to the Matariki.
I chose a kiwi because we are kiwis.
I chose green for my background because it represents Nature of New Zealand.
I chose the ferns because that's the symbol that our Netball team uses.








2 comments:

  1. Hi Francesca,

    You have had heaps of ideas about how to design your flag, it is great to see that you have explained your ideas clearly - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Francesca,

    I completely agree with Ms Stone. You had so many great ideas for this activity. I love the way that you incorporated them all into your design! Awesome work.

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.